It wasn’t a long time ago when we covered Acer Iconia Tab with full specifications, pictures, pre-order and release date. And in matter of days, there is a root available for this device as well.
Before we did cover GingerBreak which will root any Gingerbread device, but this update to GingerBreak will give you root access to Iconia Tab. The update to GB was brought up by a dude at XDA.
here is a step by step guide on how to root your new Iconia Tab.
1. Before starting, check if the USB debugging is turned on and unknown sources is selected
2. Download GingerBreak.apk file (click here)
3. Copy the apk file to your tablet from your computer using USB
4. Insert MicroSD card and turn the tablet on in portrait mode
5. Lock it with the switch so it is locked in portrait mode
6. Install the downloaded APK using a APK installer
7. Run the root procedure and wait
8. Restart device and you have successfully rooted your Acer Iconia Tab