DIY (Do It Yourself) video production is on the rise. Requirements being content idea, decent camera or smartphone; an app / tool to edit your cut and off you go – publish it on Youtube, Instagram or Blog. Being a content creator – you are likely to have a high quality camera built right into your smartphone. To edit the videos; make them look all nice and awesome – you will need a good video editing app. You are likely to have a built in video editor within your Windows or Mac machine but it might not serve the purpose. Why? because they are not bundled up within enough features. In this article; we are sharing our top picks for some of the best mobile video editing apps for content creators and everyone else.
Quik is developed by GoPro. If you have a GoPro device then you are likely aware about this awesome app. On the good note – you can do post (edit) of your videos from any source; not just GoPro devices.
Some of many features include:
- Add up to 75 photos and video clips
- Supports Device gallery, Google Photos, DropBox, GoPro
- Analyze and select great moments
- face and colour detection
- 23 themes with custom transition and graphics
- adjust font, filters and graphics
- reorder, trim, rotate photo and video clips
- text overlays and title slides
- Slo-Mo / speed adjustments
- GPS stickers
- free songs collection
- save & share (1080p, 720p – 60fps)
YouCut is one of the best rated video editing apps in Google Play store. The app contains ads (ops) and has in app purchases for those enthusiastic users. Keeping in mind; YouCut also supports TikTok.
Key features of YouCut include:
- Merge and join videos
- Video editor with cutter and trimmer
- Split and slice videos
- Video speed control
- Photo slideshow maker
- ads free during video editing
- add music
- add text
- filters and effects
- colour adjustment
- aspect ratio
- compress and convert
- rotate, flip and crop
- share you Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok
InShot is one of the best Android and iOS video editing app available on associated stores. This app also contains ads and has in app purchases. With the InShot pro version – you have access to all features and paid editing materials (graphics, filters, stickers etc).
Key features of InShot include:
- Trim and cut video
- split, crop and multi-split
- video merge and join
- ratio and background
- filters and video effects
- speed control
- video converter and photo slideshow maker
- text, and stickers
- export and share on social apps (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, IGTV)
Have a look at more InShot Inc apps on Google Play Store here
PowerDirector has more than a million reviews on Google Play Store. Its ability to edit on multi track timeline, creation of voice overs and movie effects using chroma key – make it stand out.
Other features include:
– slow motion editor
– video stabilizer
– backgrounds and affects
– picture and video collage maker
– save and share
VideoShop is another famous video editor with more than half a million reviews. App offers in app purchases to add that specific final touch you might be looking for. As an editor; you can trim, add music and sound affects. Similar to most video editors, user can adjust video speed (slow or fast). App includes a number of filters, transition and ability to create animated titles. Last but not least create HD videos and share them on social media.
KineMaster is editor’s choice as a video editor app on Google Play Store. With more than 2 million reviews – it definitely stands out. KineMaster is a famous app utilized by many content creators including marketers and vloggers. You can buy premium (monthly or annual) subscription to unlock all editing tools and remove watermark. Kinemaster has a built-in asset store which comes with a lot of ad-ons.
Features of Kinemaster include:
– blending modes
– voice and sounds including voice overs, background music, sound effects
– Video editing tools (trim, splice, crop, cut)
– Asset Store including music, graphics, fonts, stickers, transition (updated frequently)
– Speed control (time lapse, slow motion)
– Exporting options including 4k
iOS bloggers simply adore VivaVideo. Not to forget; it stands out on Android with 11 million reviews on Google Play Store. Similar to most popular apps – user can get paid subscription to enjoy the maximum out of the app. Create that professional looking video content with VivaVideo in few taps and share your edited content on social media.
Did we miss some really outstanding? good ones? from this list. Do comment and share your must have mobile video editing app. We would love to revisit the list and your recommendation might make it to this list.