Ahrefs is a must-have tool for serious content marketers and SEOs, providing valuable insights on competitors and helping to make informed marketing decisions.
What is Aherfs?
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that helps businesses optimize their websites for search engines. Founded in 2010 by Dmitry Gerasimenko, it has quickly become one of the market’s most well-known and widely used SEO tools. It is used by millions of companies worldwide, including major brands such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Uber, Pinterest, and Facebook.
How does Aherfs Work?
Ahrefs works by crawling search engines and websites for data, providing users with a range of tools to analyze and improve their website’s search performance. It can help users:
- Understand what people are searching for on Google and other search engines
- Create web content that is likely to generate traffic
- Identify link-building opportunities
- Optimize technical aspects of your site content to achieve higher search rankings.
One of the key features of Ahrefs is its keyword research capabilities. It can provide keyword suggestions based on phrases given, which can be used as the basis for writing copy that is likely to perform well in search results. It can also indicate the difficulty level of ranking for specific search queries and suggest websites for backlink opportunities. Additionally, Ahrefs allows you to perform a technical SEO audit on your website to identify areas of improvement that can help to boost your search rankings. These are just a few examples of the many features provided by Ahrefs that aim to improve your website’s search performance.
Aherfs Pros & Cons
Let’s highlight some of the pros and cons of this All-in-One SEO tool:
- Offers the most comprehensive link database in the industry.
- The Content Explorer feature generates creative content ideas.
- Regularly introduces new features, such as Site Audits.
- Excellent keyword research tool.
- Continuously updates and improves tools.
- Has one of the most extensive web crawlers among SEO tools.
- Daily keyword alerts provide up-to-date and diverse information.
- Offers comprehensive social share data from major platforms.
- Has the largest backlink database among competitors.
- A User-friendly interface presents a lot of information in a clean design.
- Unique metrics such as return rate and clicks for SERPs.
- The parent topic feature allows for research on broader topics.
- Advanced filtering options throughout the tool.
- Complete SERP analysis including SERP features.
- Pages report displays the top-visited pages of a competitor or domain.
- Data is regularly updated and can be accessed on demand.
- The keyword section includes clickstream data for more accurate results.
- The $99 plan includes low limits and restrictions, making it not cost-effective.
- Lacks integration with Google Analytics or Search Console.
- The Domain Health tool, which focuses on technical SEO and on-page optimization, is currently unavailable.
- Users may experience difficulty finding results in some sections of the tool.
- Keyword suggestions lack a relevancy score, requiring sorting by volume which can yield irrelevant results.
- Does not have an outreach tool (although, this is a common feature among similar SEO tools).
- Web traffic statistics may not be as detailed as other tools.
Let’s look at some of the main features of Ahrefs and what each one does:
Ahrefs provides keyword suggestions based on phrases given and indicates the difficulty level of ranking for specific search queries, and suggests websites for backlink opportunities.
This feature offers an in-depth analysis of a website’s backlink profile, including the number of backlinks, the quality of the linking domains, and the anchor text used.
Aherefs Content Explorer allows users to find popular content in their niche, filter by various metrics such as social shares and backlinks, and use this data to inform their own content strategy.
This cool feature gives users an overview of a website’s performance, including metrics such as organic search traffic, backlinks, and organic keywords.
This new addition to the feature list scans a website for technical SEO issues such as broken links, duplicate content, and meta tags.
This feature tracks a website’s search engine rankings for specific keywords over time.
Alerts are used to send users email alerts for new backlinks, lost backlinks, and changes in search engine rankings.
This SEO feature allows you to find long-tail keywords and related terms that you can target in your content.
Domain Comparison compares the performance of multiple websites in a specific niche or industry.
Social Media Metrics:
This feature provides metrics on a website’s social media performance, including shares, likes, and followers.
With Outbound Links you can see which websites are linking to your competitors, and what text is used to link to their sites.
Organic Search Traffic:
This feature shows the organic search traffic of a website and the keywords that are driving it.
Aherfs Pricing and Subscription
Ahrefs offers four different pricing plans, each with varying levels of access to the platform’s features and data. The plans are Lite, Standard, Advanced, and Agency. The prices for each plan will vary depending on whether you choose to pay monthly or annually.
The Lite plan is the most affordable option, starting at $99/month for monthly billing and $82/month for annual billing. This plan provides access to Ahrefs’ backlink database, keyword explorer, and site explorer. It also includes basic analytics and reporting features.
The Standard plan starts at $179/month for monthly billing and $149/month for annual billing. This plan includes everything in the Lite plan, but with more data access and more advanced analytics and reporting features. It also includes access to the content explorer, which allows users to research and analyze the performance of content across the web.
The Advanced plan starts at $399/month for monthly billing and $332/month for annual billing. This plan includes everything in the Standard plan, but with even more data access and advanced analytics and reporting features. It also includes access to the Rank Tracker, which allows users to track their website’s rankings for specific keywords.
The Agency plan is the most expensive option, starting at $999/month for monthly billing and $832/month for annual billing. This plan includes everything in the Advanced plan, but with even more data access and advanced analytics and reporting features. Additionally, it includes access to Ahrefs’ API, which allows for integration with other tools, and a team management feature that allows for multiple users with different permissions.
In conclusion, Ahrefs is an incredibly powerful tool that is essential for any SEO operation. As a Swiss army knife of marketing, it can replace multiple tools. Its versatile functions such as keyword research, backlink checking, and finding link-building opportunities make it the best in the market. The report generation is faster than other competitive tools and Ahrefs offers an extensive index when it comes to keyword ranking data and reporting features.
The team at Ahrefs is dedicated to improving the product, making it even more valuable to their customers. The recent rebuild of the Keywords Explorer is a prime example of this. However, it is worth noting that while Ahrefs offers a wide range of features, it is lacking in on-page optimization tools. Despite this, the benefits of using Ahrefs outweigh the cons and it is a valuable investment for any business starting at $99/month.