DropCam Echo is a wireless webcam with built-in microphone. With this you can monitor audio and video of your home or business from anywhere via web or on your mobile device. This is small, easy to use and easy to install device.
Installation needs few steps that are as follows:
- you plug the device into an Ethernet port
- configure it via a web interface
- and unplug it
It behaves like a complete guard of your home. Some of the specifications are:
- Behaves like your eyes and ears that see and hear what is happening while you are not in your home.
- Gives Complete monitoring on the Web or on your iPhone/Android, you just need to sign in your Dropcam account to see and hear your live stream.
- You can install as many Dropcams as you need, install all of them once and they are all visible to you through your secure account.
- You can easily connect it to your Wi-Fi network or use a wired connection. It works with all types of routers.
- As it can automatically detects motion and sound and alerts you by sending an email or iPhone Push notification when you are away.
- Its viewing angle is of good quality and acceptable to low-light performance. As it’s not a weather proof device; leaving in a bush may give harm to it.
It supports Android devices like the Google Nexus One, Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S), Motorola Droid, Motorola Droid X, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC EVO 4G, and more. The Echo is available with different DVR plans; you can go for any of them that suit you.