Rooting? why would you want your device to be rooted? so that you can get all the updated versions, install custom ROMs, do crazy modifications, overclock the processor speed, get access to networking apps or so called rooting apps and much more. In this article, we are to discover the rooting method for the famous yet so controversial (for Apple sue spree) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
This rooting method can be done in Windows. It is the easiest possible way and shouldn’t be a problem if you have done rooting in past. Before we begin, download the zip package (
– Galaxy Tab drivers
– Odin.exe for root
– CWM Recovery file
1. After downloading, extract folder and double click “GT-p7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape.exe“, follow the steps and install the driver.
2. Enable debugging by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging.
3. Power off the device. Get into the loader by holding the Volume Down and Power Button. Select Downloading mode by pressing the Volume Up Button.
4. Connect your tab via USB cable to PC.
5. Browse downloaded ROOT folder and double click “Odin3_v1.85.exe“, select PDA.
6. Select CMW Recovery file by double clicking ‘”recovery-cwm_184.108.40.206-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5“.
7. Click Start and wait for it to finish!.
(before getting ahead, disconnect USB cable, and turn off USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and plug in the USB cable) (In recovery mode, navigate up and down using the volume button and select using the power button)
8. Browse ROOT folder and transfer the zip file “Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip” to tab.
9. Once transfer is done, power off the device and restart in Recovery mode (hold Volume Down and Power).
10. Select Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up button.
11. Select “Install zip from SD Card”
12. Select “Choose zip from SD Card”
13. Select “Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip”
14. Select “Install”. Once down a prompt will follow saying Install from SD card complete.
15. Navigate back to the menu and reboot!
You have successfully rooted Galaxy Tab. Install rooted applications to see how it works. To check out number of rooted applications which we have tested and reviewed, click here. If having problems or concern, re try the process or follow up at the developers forums.
source: XDA Developers