Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker decided to imply a strategy that will work purely on analytics software and cloud platform. HP will also launch a public cloud platform that will serve for multiple languages and services. He moreover elaborated that they build an open marketplace for the consumers covering the enterprise applications. HP is more focused towards the software front by covering the features like management, security, information management, analytics and cloud computing.
Their new aim is to move towards the software as a service includes airline ticketing and digitization software’s. HP is looking forward for partnering big transactional systems like SAP and Oracle to have a test. As it has a recent acquisition with Vertica that made HP a business intelligent player. The CEO named all these things as a Discipline Acquisition Strategy. He made the surrounding aware about its new strategy that circulates around the information access. Company’s new terms walks around the cloud, connectivity, digitization, security and services. Its new mission is to give the technological world a context-aware experience by connecting them.
Some of the strategy Key points are as follows:
- HP will work on WebOS “WebOS will provide one user interface across home, the business and the enterprise,” he said.
- No doubt to state that the printers and PCS are still their major part of production.
- The new production line would carry connected devices, open cloud marketplace, cloud services, platform services and hybrid infrastructure.
- It will more focus towards Enterprises that will have hybrid technology
- More intended towards Services that will be creating a way to make HP as a trusted partner.
- The important point of the strategy is to build a cloud services and public cloud offering “in the near future.”
- Security will be an important part for all the upcoming products
Well let’s see when they will come out with the result of this strategy.