Samsung Galaxy Series was no doubt, one of the well designed smartphones of previous years. Galaxy users, Android users and developers were amazed when it was revealed that Galaxy S 2 would be rolling out soon.
Our awesome over-thrilled developers have XDA have done the job again. Now all the proud owners of SGS II can root their new devices using this break. According to developer Gingerbreak will not root this device, although was tested on some demo versions, but again this is a retail version.
This quick guide is recommended for experienced users.
1. Reboot into download mode
2. Using the Odin version (click here to download), flash the XWKDD kernel as PDA.
3. Do not check any options except Auto reboot and F. Reset Time
4. Wait till the device reboots
5. use adb root command to restart ADB in root mode
6. manually push superuser, busybox or use SuperOneClick
This guide is recommended for beginners.
install Samsung KIES 2.0 and restart computer before doing anything.
1. Download ODIN and extract .zip file (click here)
2. Download the attached XWKDD (do not extract) (click here)
3. Download SuperOneClick (click here)
4. Check to see the device in USB Debugging mode
Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging
5. Reboot device in download mode
6. Turn the device off again, and power it up in recovery mode
Power by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power
7. Start ODIN
8. Connect SGS II using USB
9. Wait and ODIN should show you that device is connected
10. Nothing is checked in ODIN, except “Auto reboot” and “F.Reset Time”, press the “PDA” button, and select the XWKDD_insecure.tar file
11. Press Start, ODIN will flash kernel and device will reboot
12. Once reboot is done, start SuperOneClick, while connected and press ROOT
13. Enjoy your rooted device.
if any questions, problems or anything, check the developers forums!
[WT is not going to be responsible if you end up bricking your device]