Netflix currently one of the most popular online applications was released on some Android devices. Most of the devices were ignored and still not much has been updated. If you can’t wait for the official release of your device, simply try this little tweak. Netflix app was installed and tested on Samsung’s Nexus S and a number of HTC devices using the same tweak. Before getting into the process make sure your device is rooted. (use the search option to check for root as we have covered some of the roots, if not go to xda developers wiki and look for instructions on how to root your device.
Device rooted?! let’s get into the steps
1. Navigate to Settings > Applications, check ‘unknown sources’
2. Download Netflix app and install it (works awesome, if not move on to the next step)
3. Download ES File Explorer and install it
4. In ES File Explorer, navigate to Settings > Root Settings, check available boxes on screen (two)
5. Navigate to /system/ and copy – paste build.prop to /sdcard/ as a backup
6. Navigate back to /system/ , open – edit file build.prop
7. change the following lines
8. Reboot the phone
9. Install the Netflix app again and it should work
WT is not going to be held responsible if you end up bricking your phone, do it at your own risk! else wait for the official release.