Have you ever been the victim of losing your iPhone before backing up your hundreds of contacts. I know I have been and so has my friend Omar. If so, then you should have synched it with Google. WT is there to the rescue. Manage your contacts from your Gmail account and have them Sync with your. Not only this, every time you add a new con tact to your iOS device, it will automatically synch with Google Servers and into contacts.
This is a simple image guide of how to setup Google Sync on your iPhone. We have taken out the clutter and made it to the point. Enjoy!
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen. and start following our image guidelines below.
Enter Account Info
2. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address and leave the Domain Field blank. Also, enter your Password. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an “Unable to verify certificate” warning when you proceed to the next step.
3. Tap Next at the top of your screen and press Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
4. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com and then Next.
WT Awareness Tip: Limited Contact Information. The iOS device can synchronize up to 3 email addresses. Phone number synchronization is limited to 2 Home numbers, 1 Home Fax, 1 Mobile, 1 Pager, 3 Work (one will be labeled ‘Company Main’) and one Work Fax number.
FROM HERE ON, MAKE SURE YOU READ BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!
5. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via.
If you want to sync only the My Contacts group, you must choose to Delete Existing Contacts during theSync install when prompted. If you choose to keep existing contacts, it will sync the contents of the All Contacts group instead. If there are no contacts on your phone, the latter will happen — the contents of your All Contacts group will be synced.
That’s it, all done. Now you are set for life, never worry about losing any contacts again. If you like this article then please LIKE us on.