Microsoft, Firefox and Opera have made March the month of web browser releases. Microsoft launched Internet Explorer 9 followed by Firefox 4(final version) and now Opera has released the new version of the Opera mobile 11 for Android and Symbian S/60. Opera Mobile 11 is available in lab releases for MeeGo, Maemo and Windows (as in Windows 7 tablets). The device is expected to support more devices in future.
Let us have a look at what is new in Opera Mobile 11 release:
– Tap to zoom; changed from single-click to double-click. Now you can click links and activate Flash content in overview mode, without having to zoom in first.
– Modernize UI; UI has been optimized for tablet devices.
– Faster frame rates when panning and zooming; Improved text wrap and text stays sharp during Zooming
– Buttons for jumping to the top/bottom of the page
– Geo location support is improved
– Symbian specific; Support native clipboard on Symbian 5th edition and Symbian^3
– Support for half-screen keyboard on Symbian ^3 phones
– Share URL on social networks, email etc
Opera Mobile 11 can be downloaded direct to mobile from m.opera.com or get it from the Android market.