Galaxy tab 1 was quite a success with Samsung stock 2.2, and now its time that the new Galaxy series is coming out with new smartphones and tablets. The tablets include Galaxy tab 8.9 and 10.1. Still not out in the market globally yet, but expected to be released soon overall. One of the developers has already created a simple root for Galaxy Tab 10.1. According to developer (mrbirdman), the root process took him 15 minutes, most of the time was taken up by Kies application for installing drivers for the tablet.
lets get into the guide and look at steps which will root your Galaxy tab 10.1
1. Download the Android SDK
2. Download and install Samsung Kies for addition of drivers
3. Download Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip (available at source page)
4. Open up a cmd prompt and type in
adb push Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip /sdcard/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip
adb reboot recovery
5. Your device should be in recovery mode. (arrow keys to move up & down, and the Power key to select)
6. Select “apply update from /sdcard” and apply the zip file
7. Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 has been successfully rooted!