WordPress is one of the best content management systems for website and eCommerce store creation. The CMS offers limitless features and customizability, which makes it the go-to choice for many. While WordPress itself is pretty great in terms of building a site, its extensive library of plugins is what lends it most of its charm. Thus, with the right plugin, anything is possible! So let’s talk about some of the must-have WordPress Plugins of 2022.
Top WordPress Plugins of 2022
Wordfence – Security Plugin for WordPress
Securing your website is crucial Wordfence does a great job at it. The plugin covers all the necessary security features like malware detection, login security, malicious traffic control, and more. Hence, the malware scanner detects malware in the themes files and plugins. Wordfence also monitors security vulnerabilities like malicious redirects, possible backdoors, and code injections. The plugin’s broken link checker is particularly useful as it helps you find bad URLs on your WordPress website.
- Over 4 million downloads.
- Features two-factor authentication (2FA), web application firewall (WAF), security scan, and broken link checker.
- Used for securing WordPress websites against attacks and virus threats.
Elementor – Page Builder Plugin For WordPress
If you want a beautifully designed WordPress website with ease then this is the plugin for you. Elementor is a versatile page builder for WordPress. It boasts over 100 pre-designed templates that will allow you to set up any type of website. The similarly large library of widgets will help you integrate features like progress bars, social media, and more without having to install additional plugins. The best part! Elementor offers drag-and-drop functionality for page building. Making website design a hassle-free task.
- Over 5 million downloads.
- Features templates library, drag-and-drop editor, and above 90 free widgets.
- Used for page building and customization.
Mailchimp – Email Subscription Plugin for WordPress
Mailchimp has been around for quite a while, and it has made its mark as one of the best email marketing plugins. It allows you to cultivate a subscriber list, create an ongoing email marketing campaign, design subscription forms, and more. Creating a subscription form via Mailchimp is simple. The plugin offers several pre-made fields to choose from. All you have to do is choose the right ones to display on your website’s form. Aside from email marketing, Mailchimp also features basic automation tools that are incredibly useful in expanding your online business or growing your website’s readership.
- Over 2 million downloads.
- Features intuitive form builder and pre-made field options.
- Used for creating newsletter subscription forms.
WooCommerce – eCommerce Plugin for WordPress
Without a doubt the most popular and widely used eCommerce plugin for WordPress is WooCommerce. The plugin houses all of the essential features and functionalities that an eCommerce store may need. Thus, it allows payment integration, storefront creation, product listing, inventory management, and more. Furthermore, WooCommerce comes with a quick and easy setup wizard that guides you through store creation step-by-step. Making it easy for anyone to set up an eCommerce website just by answering a few questions.
- Over 5 million downloads.
- Features quick setup wizard, a WooCommerce dashboard and allows integration of multiple payment gateways.
- Used for creating an eCommerce website for big and small businesses.
Honorable Mentions – More Useful WordPress Plugins
WordPress’s plugin library is extensive. And with over 55,000 plugins to choose from, selecting a few best ones doesn’t really do the rest justice. So here are a few more great plugins that you can check out to spice up your website:
- SEMRush is one of the best overall SEO & Marketing plugins.
- MonsterInsights is a plugin for Google Analytics.
- Smush this plugin helps you speed up the website by optimizing images.
- Slider Revolution adds stylish sliders with animations.
- Easy Digital Downloads is a plugin for creating an eCommerce store with digital downloads.
- Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO plugins that allow you to optimize your WordPress websites.
Hopefully, this article will help you set up your WordPress website with the right plugins and tools. But just in case you want to explore website builders other than WordPress, check out our list of Top 5 Website Builders for 2022.