Its not been too long that HTC Desire Z / Vision came in the market. Definitely another amazing HTC device! (according to users). A senior member at XDA Android forums recently discovered an easy way to root and flash HTC Vision or Desire Z (EU / US version). Its an easy guide including some steps which would help you easily root your device.
1. Download VISIONary + R12 rooting app (link provided at the bottom or scan QR).
2. Download a File Explorer (if don’t have one, EStrongs or Astro recommended).
3. Go to settings > Applications, check ‘unknown sources’ and uncheck ‘Fast Boot’
4. Tap ‘Development’ and check ‘USB debugging’
5. Press Back button twice
6. Install downloaded VISIONary from file explorer
7. Leave all options unchecked in VISIONary
8. Tap ‘TempRoot Now’, let the process complete
9. Tap ‘Attempt PermRoot Now!’ (allow SuperUser Permissions, once pop up appears)
10. Wait for the phone to reboot on its own.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted your Desire Z / Vision. To check if you’re device has been rooted or not, simply go to apps and look for an app called ‘SuperUser’.